Since 2016, URBANET fosters international dialogue on development activities worldwide and shares expertise in the areas of municipal and local governance, sustainable urban development and decentralisation. Designed as a digital blog, URBANET addresses international experts and works with multiple renowned authors from around the globe to
- promote the exchange of knowledge and experiences, especially with regard to the implementation of global agreements such as the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the New Urban Agenda and the Paris Agreement;
- spur debates on key challenges and opportunities regarding sustainable urban development, municipal and local governance and decentralisation; and
- build opinions on urbanisation and sustainable urban development.
Our authors represent a wide range of stakeholders such as practitioners, academia, representatives of civil society organisations, international organisations, think tanks, development institutes, private sector and many more. URBANET’s articles revolve around the following issues:
- Governance & Finance
- Basic Infrastructure & Housing
- Green & Smart Development
- Global Urban Debates
URBANET is supported and implemented by GIZ’s Sector Project “Urbanisation, Municipal and Urban Development” on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).